Thursday, January 17, 2008

Today's cool things from my Google Reader

For some reason, I felt like I was reading a lot of really interesting things as I was making my way through Google Reader today. Far be it from me to create original content, so here's the cream of today's crop.

Pray4One: Extreme Walking. This guy's going way more than the extra mile for the cause of unity. Very cool. (via ThinkChristian)

Social Networking & Education Debate. True or False: Social networking technologies will bring large [positive] changes to educational methods, in and out of the classroom. Now, I'm not in love with the Economist's website for this debate, but here are two amazing posts on the topic: one by Danah Boyd, at Apophenia and one by Will Richardson at Weblogg-ed. (via Stephen's Lighthouse)

Also at Stephen's Lighthouse, an interesting take on the relative "age" of internet-related things: It's Not Very Old

From Thoreau's Journal, January 17, 1860: "Alcott said well the other day that this was his definition of heaven, “A place where you can have a little conversation."

That is all.

No comments: