Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thinking about this blog

I never know quite what to do, here, on this blog. I post things as they come to me, but I have no idea who, if anyone, reads them. I'm sure people who know me meander by from time to time, but I don't pretend to think I have a large readership, by any means. I suppose I tend to think of blogging as simply a place to get down things that interest me, if occasionally only so I can remember them again at some later date.

Perhaps, then, it's time for a change. I'm a fan of, shall I say, programmed material. That is, I like the idea and experience of a blog (or whatever) following a certain format, including the same kinds of material, possibly in the same order, on a recurring basis. As such, I am toying with the idea of doing that here. I may test out a few different formats, and regardless of the result, I will likely continue to insert, shall I say, un-programmed material along the way.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Matt, your blog comes through my feedreader now, and I always read it. But I know what you mean about not always knowing what to write or having a given "format". Often I feel the same way because I want to get past the whole diary-blogging (though I still like to go back and see what I did/read/watched/etc). I'm interested to see what you come up with. And I enjoy reading your blog.

(PS. I'm planning on reading this Edmundson article but haven't had a chance yet--I will, though.)